About Richard Varha
Richard Varha High School is a co-educational government school situated in Dimbaza, near King William’s Town, Eastern Cape, South Africa. The school offers Grade 8–12 education and has approximately 1100 students (about 600 girls and 500 boys). Richard Varha supports the Classical educational philosophy of a child active in all four spheres of development – academic, physical, cultural and pastoral – and students are encouraged to participate in all four developmental areas as widely as possible. A wide variety of activities in each of these spheres is available and students are encouraged both to participate and to excel. Richard Varha opened a new technical wing in 2012.
Our mission is to produce quality education which is a vehicle to personal empowerment. We will capacitate learners to make informed choices in order to contribute constructively to society and to advance democracy.
To this end we believe in:
- Ensuring that every learner derives maximum satisfaction and fulfilment so that the love for education will become a life-long fascination.
- Developing in our learners’ qualities and values for a well-rounded individual e.g. a critical approach to conditions and ways of life.
- Stimulating imagination and creativity.
- Equipping learners, irrespective of their socio-economic background, race and gender, with the knowledge, skills and values necessary for self-fulfilment and meaningful participation in society.
Richard Varha is established to be a centre for learning and developing humanity through education. The culture ogf the school is represented by community
- All parents are reminded to contribute to the toilet donation fund for the building and renovation of the pupil toilets
- Letter Regarding Reports and Uniform